Installation and Boot-up
Plug in the BIT ELD adapter to your vehicle’s diagnostic port. For 6-pin and 9-pin BIT ELD adapters, turn the locking ring clockwise to secure it. When the BIT ELD adapter receives power it will go through a light sequence:
- White and then off: the adapter is in the boot-loader stage
- Red-White-Blue: the adapter is starting its normal operations and running internal tests
- Faint Blue: the device has passed its self-tests and is waiting for a smartphone or tablet to make a wireless connection
This first installation may take more than ten minutes. Once this sequence is complete, you can turn on your mobile device to connect the Blue Ink Tech app to your BIT ELD adapter.
Connecting the Blue Ink Tech App to the BIT ELD Adapter
If you haven't already, you'll need to download the Blue Ink Tech app to your mobile device and create a BIT account.
The Blue Ink Tech app will automatically search for powered BIT ELD adapters within its wireless range and prompt you to connect to a device. You don't need to connect through your device's Bluetooth like you would with a headset.
If multiple BIT ELD adapters are found within range, the app will let you choose the device to which you want to connect.
You can use the circle in the top-right corner of the app screen to check connection status.
- Grey: the app is searching for ELD adapters.
- Light Green: the app has found an ELD adapter and is attempting to connect.
- Dark Green: the app is fully connected, and you should start getting data from your vehicle.
The first time the app connects to the BIT ELD adapter can take several minutes because the app and BIT ELD adapter are exchanging encryption keys for their communication. Connecting the next time will be much faster, and you can save even more time by setting your ELD adapter as a preferred device in your app settings.